I got a little time off from "normal" sprint work since Acquia is beginning a new sprint and my baby is supposed to arrive any day now :)
So being the manic workaholic that I am, I made some major improvements to the Media module in the past few days. To name a few:
- Re-wrote the browser to be more "drupally" I think it's a good compromise of convention and flexibility. Let's see... http://drupal.org/node/697036
- Implemented the Entity Api and type restrictions (so launch a browser to just select images) http://drupal.org/node/697106
- Got Media as a field working really nicely, got multi-value field support http://drupal.org/node/740546
- Added a title and data field to the media field so that extending modules can chuck on extra information there. Sweet! No issue for this, just a bonus.
- Built the media_gallery module. This is a new entity called gallery with 2 fields: Title and Media Items. Media items is a multi-value media field with a description and link for each item. Next step is to build the display mechanism for it. I will be posting a video for this soon!
- Kicked the shit out of cruft
- Build a bulk importer which is awesome for testing, and fun for making albums: http://drupal.org/node/739430
- Created a testbed interface for trying out different launch parameters.
- Dynamic AJAX Scrolling for the library!
I promise, a more engaging demo is coming soon(ish) depending on how long I stay on this roll and when I become a parent.